player packing list
For Sleep Away Tournaments
Come well rested, hydrated, and ready to work hard and have fun!
personal Overnight bag
- Ensure personal overnight bag has a luggage tag w/ player name
- Clothing and shoes for free time, including a warm jacket
- Swim suit and flip flops (hotels often have a pool)
- Toiletry supplies including chapstick, sunscreen, and any other feminine care products
- Fleece blanket (if desired)
- Typically a brown bag lunch, drink, and snack (for car trip to tournament)
- $40 cash for incidentals (food, forgot knee pads, etc.)
- Mobile device(s) and charging cord(s) labeled w/ player name
- Small personal mesh laundry bag (labeled w/ player name) - used for washing uniforms after games (all uniforms will be tossed into 1-2 load(s) of team laundry. Mesh bags will help chaperones keep socks and spandex apart!
- For downtime fun: 2-3 favorite nail polish colors (maybe MJ colors?), remover, and nail tools (files, clippers, cotton balls). Colors you don’t mind sharing!
- A book, homework, a volleyball
- Personal whistle to ref with
- Uniform (jersey shirts, spandex, sweatshirts, etc..)
- Volleyball shoes and socks (black, white)
- Volleyball knee pads (maybe 2 pairs)
- Hair accessories, sports head bands
- Emergency power bar / non-perishable snack
- Water bottle with player name on it